As many of my friends and family know – I love food. I get excited for meals when I know I’m going to be having something new, or an old favourite. So each time we leave Tofino and head to places with more restaurant options, I get really excited and make a list of where we need to eat. Because of this we end up eating out A LOT, but also eating out at restaurants we cannot get at home. Here are a few restaurants that I recommend checking out when you’re looking for somewhere to eat in Victoria:
- Il Terrazzo – This has to be the best Italian restaurant I have been to outside of Italy…which is saying something! Nathan and I went here on my birthday for dinner after a recommendation from a work colleague – we shared the mussels, and each had a great pasta dish. When my mom was in town this past weekend, we went back here for dinner as I had been raving about it since I had gone there in August. We shared a bottle of wine, shared the calamari as an appetizer, both had an amazing pasta dish, and then shared a panna cotta for dessert. Not only was the food amazing, but the restaurant itself had exposed brick walls, lots of candles, and low lighting – which made for a cozy dining experience.
- Blue Fox Cafe – This restaurant has cute, cozy, friendly vibes inside, and they serve pretty great brunch and coffee. The portions are huge and it’s challenging to finish your whole plate of food. I would recommend any of their Eggs Benny but in specific the Badger Benny (savory sausage, and grilled tomato on a Mt Royal bagel). The espresso drinks are tasty and served in a nice ceramic mug with an imprinted fern on them.
- Foo – They have a small little restaurant on Yates Street, but they serve easygoing Asian street food that is super tasty. It seems that every time Nathan and I are in Victoria we get some lunch from Foo – usually a Papaya Salad and another dish of some sort. It’s a quick and easy lunch option!
- JAM Cafe Victoria – Another brunch option with great Eggs Benny, and a fantastic caesar. They offer their Eggs Benny in 1/2 orders so you can still enjoy your brunch without overeating or having to throw out half of it. In the summer/fall they have a cute little patio on the sidewalk that you can dine on.
- Green Cuisine – Located in Market Square, this is a great option if you’re either super hungry or just looking for a light lunch. We always make a stop here (sometimes twice even) for an entirely vegan lunch. The restaurant is in a buffet style (however, with current COVID rules they scoop it for you) and the price is based on the weight of your plate. They have so many great options that make you consider going vegan wouldn’t be that bad!
This is just a small list of the places we have been frequenting each time we take a trip down to Victoria. I really enjoy having great meals and documenting them after – I’m a wannabe food blogger/writer/reviewer and use my Instagram account: @foodsforeat to attempt to do this!