Last night I rang in the New Year at a beach fire in Tofino with all of my friends. Our one friend DJed music all night, while the rest of us stood around a fire or danced in the snow. How many people get to say they celebrated New Years Eve in the snow, around a fire on a beach in Tofino with a DJ!? I think this was one of the best New Years I have had – I am usually really disappointed with what I did on New Years but this year did not disappoint.
Now that it is officially January 1st, 2022, I have a few goals that I want to accomplish this year – and no they are not necessarily big life changing goals. Some of these goals are:
- Take a Search Engine Optimization course to see how to reach more viewers with this blog
- Read 30 books!
- Come up with a specific niche for this blog
- Plan and go on my backpacking trip to South America
- Declutter my life (get rid of stuff)
- Journal everyday, set intentions for the day
- Make my days more productive
- Keep improving my surfing
- Use social media LESS
This may be too many goals to accomplish in just one year, but I think it is a good way of setting intentions for things I want to work towards. I also think coming up with these goals is a good way to get my brain thinking about bigger goals that do not fit into a year-long construct.
I hope everyone had a good COVID-safe New Years Eve and is looking forward to what 2022 has to bring.